cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ported TouchGFX to the CoreH743i board (it uses the STM32H743IIT chip)?

GGowi.1
Associate II

I'm trying to make TouchGFX and the touch screen from this kit

https://www.amazon.com/OpenH743I-C-Development-STM32H743IIT6-Microcontroller-XYGStudy/dp/B07VJ32MC3/?fbclid=IwAR1bRvOE7k_TxZOqdmRFrnxOmykbauhh-5T0qpy14sX4ygGIvmJZph-JOtY

work together. They have samples in Keil for STemWin, but I want to use TouchGFX in my research. (I'm a university professor working on something to support STEM education in underserved areas.)

If anyone has TouchGFX working on this board, I'd really appreciate some help getting started. I'm reading through the porting guide, but I figure why reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

We don't have any support for this board, but i'll help you if you want to do the work yourself 🙂

Try reading the board bringup guide in support.touchgfx.com to get yourself started.

/Martin

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

We don't have any support for this board, but i'll help you if you want to do the work yourself 🙂

Try reading the board bringup guide in support.touchgfx.com to get yourself started.

/Martin

Hi Martin,

We can do that. I've started reading the bringup guide and will start working on it. We can communicate here for now and when appropriate I'll set up a git repository so we can collaborate. Fortunately for me, I'm on Summer break until August. (I'm a university professor.) Thus, I have plenty of time to work on this.

Hi! Any news on this? I'm trying to write to the screen using the BSP files included in Waveshare examples. Screen works only if I use 1.3.2 H7 FW version. If I migrate to newer FW versions (1.7.0 and 1.8.0), I have no errors during compiling time but screen remains black. Unfortunately, current TouchGFX versions doesn't compile against 1.3.2 H7 FW. Any thoughts on this? Same files, one project is using newer FW and other using older 1.3.2, older FW works as expected (but can't use TouchGFX with it) and newer doesn't show anything on screen. It's the worst of the two worlds :>

Any help on this would be really appreciated. I think would be nice even to ST having examples of TouchGFX using custom boards/boards from other manufacturers on TouchGFX. It would encourage users to use custom boards.

I’m working on it. I’ve made it to using external RAM for the Frame Buffer.
Glyn Thomas Gowing, D.C., Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science
Chair, Non-Traditional Computer-Science Program
LeTourneau University
Longview Hall 114
Office: +1 (903) 233-3343

I have it working, but only using 1.3.2 FW. In newer versions it doesn't work at all. If you want I could upload actually working ​code to see if you can figure out what's going on with 1.8.0.

The semester just started so I’m a bit busy. I’ll keep working on my port because I’m using the latest firmware in my port.
Glyn Thomas Gowing, D.C., Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science
Chair, Non-Traditional Computer-Science Program
LeTourneau University
Longview Hall 114
Office: +1 (903) 233-3343

Ok, good luck. If anyone else have interest in helping on this issue, I'm pretty sure we can make this happen very quickly.

Can you share your FMC SDRAM code? I'm can't get it to work on new FW. Are you using the tool to initialize it?

I got it working, Unfortunately my touch doesn't work, even on supplied examples. Your touchscreen works under their provided source codes?