cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming the sensor tile

FBoth.1
Associate III

Good day,

I have purchased a sensor-tile and would like to code said tile. The board is receiving power and the SWD connections are correct and double checked. Then when the st link is plugged in and one wants to debug and program the micro an error states that the target is not detected. Therefore I cannot code the micro. These are the only connections to and from the micro. I am using a ST-Link V2 to program this product. Also when the board has power I cannot pick it up through Bluetooth. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBoth.1
Associate III

Got it working. Was an issue with the board it was soldered to

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @FBoth.1​ , do you have the ST-Link V2 and the correct adapter for programming the SensorTile.box board? Which programming toolchain are you using? I suggest you to launch a full chip erase for example through the STM32 ST-LINK Utility or with the Cube Programmer and then reconnect it to the board. Regards

FBoth.1
Associate III

I have the official ST-Link V2. I am connecting the SWD interface to the bord using the pinout shown below.

0693W000001rsteQAA.png

Then when running a full chip erase a still get the same error I always get

0693W000001rsuhQAA.png

And I have tried everything the error message suggests but still no change

Hi @FBoth.1​ , if you are using the SensorTile.box tool, in order to interface it with the STLINK V2 programmer you need a dedicated adapter and cable that should have been provided with the ST.box tool, as described in the user manual UM2626... Do you have it? Regards

0693W000001sHyFQAU.png

FBoth.1
Associate III

I am currently using the SensorTile module (STEVAL-STLCS01V1) shown below

0693W000001sXIZQA2.png

I then connect its SWD pins to that of the ST link. I also have an ST link onboard one of my other ST dev boards that have SWD output to program external applications. I connect these SWD pins to that of the sensor tile and it still does not work. This procedure is followed in the getting set up guide provided but they use a Nucleo board with an ST link V2-1 onboard. I am wondering if it is possible to program the sensor tile with a ST link V2 instead of the ST link V2-1 or equivalent that they state in the guide.

Many thanks

Hi @FBoth.1​ , ok understood, so it was not the SensorTile.box but the Sensortile. But are you using the SensorTile expansion Cradle board or the SensorTile Cradle (which are part of the STEVAL-STLKT01V1 kit) that are equipped with the SWD connector, where you can plug the STLINK V2 (Nucleo) cable? Regards

FBoth.1
Associate III

No cradle board. Using the chip as is in the picture above soldered to connectors and only connecting the SWD pins on the chip to the ST Link. From the schematics there seems to be no additional circuitry required to connect the chip to the ST Link. Even if it is connected via the cradle board. Or did I miss something?

FBoth.1
Associate III

Got it working. Was an issue with the board it was soldered to

Good to hear it from you 😉