cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker script file not generated for SW4STM32 toolchain

Katzenberger.Michael
Associate III

Hi !

Don't know if this issue relies to new version V5.6.1, but if SW4STM32 is chosen as tool chain the linker script file (*.ld) is not generated anymore!

Steps to reproduce:

1) generate a new project (e.g. from board selector: NUCLEO-F072RB)

2) goto "Project Manager" tab:

• enter Project Name and Project Location
  • select SW4STM32 toolchain

3) press button GENERATE CODE

==> the generated output folder contains no *.ld file.

Same procedure with makefile as toolchain: file STM32F072RBTx_FLASH.ld is generated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Katzenberger.Michael,

According to your STM32CubeMX.log file, this problem may be related to the JAVA version installed on your machine. JAVA 13 is not not supported by STM32CubeMX, the max supported version is actually JAVA 11.

0693W000001rl5XQAQ.png

The use of Java Run Time Environment 1.8_45 64-bit is strongly advised to prevent the unavailability of some features such as code generation for the STM32CubeIDE toolchain. More information on installation requirements and procedure is in the STM32CubeMX for STM32 configuration and initialization C code generation user manual (UM1718).

BR,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I can't reproduce the issue, when trying to generate code for test.ioc you have attached above using SW4STM32 toolchain and 5.6.1 CubeMX version, the linker script is generated correctly.

I have attached below the generated project from my side.

Could you please precise more in which case did you get this problem ? is it reproducible only when using one of F0 MCUs ?

BR,

Khouloud.

Katzenberger.Michael
Associate III

That's really weird !

I just downloaded your TEST folder, copy the test.ioc to a new folder, open it in STM32CubeMx and generate the code.

==> no linker script file

Here are the differences:

0693W000001rkNVQAY.png

But:

• the test.ioc file has changed a lot after code generation
  • the difference in the .mxproject indicates that you are using a Windows development environment - I'm using Linux Mint

Please see attached the generated files out of your test.ioc for details.

I think the issue is not related to a F0 device.

Had chosen also a F103 device and Eclipse showed a misbehavior in handling the project) - but I have to cross check this again.

Thanks for your feedback.

Katzenberger.Michael
Associate III

yes, the same issue for NUCLEO-F103RB

Hi Katzenberger.Michael,

It's odd because the linker file is always correctly generated from my side. Could you please share your .log file for a further check ?

BR,

Khouloud.

sure - which one ?

found ~.stm32cubemx/STM32CubeMX.log

Katzenberger.Michael
Associate III

and ~/.stm32cubeide/.eclipse.mx/.log

According to your STM32CubeMX.log file, this problem may be related to the JAVA version installed on your machine. JAVA 13 is not not supported by STM32CubeMX, the max supported version is actually JAVA 11.

0693W000001rl5XQAQ.png

The use of Java Run Time Environment 1.8_45 64-bit is strongly advised to prevent the unavailability of some features such as code generation for the STM32CubeIDE toolchain. More information on installation requirements and procedure is in the STM32CubeMX for STM32 configuration and initialization C code generation user manual (UM1718).

BR,

Khouloud.

That's it !!!

Changed to

> java -version
openjdk version "11" 2018-09-25
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11+28)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11+28, mixed mode)

now everything is working as expected !

Thanks a lot for your support!