cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there ways to read a card from st25r3917 and then save the card to a flash?

MLi.3
Associate

I want to combine multiple card in one, can I do as I said above? If yes, how do I read the card from flash then send to st25r3917 for card simulation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

it depends a lot on the type of cards....

If you talk about some memory card then it can be possible to emulate a previously read-out card and its memory content.

On ST25R3916/7 side you will need to implement on the MCU all the command response frames being expected by a reader device and answered by the real card.

In our demo software we are emulating for example an NFC Forum T3T/T4T. (E.g. ST25TA is T4T compatible. If you copy all the content of NDEF file and CC previously read from the ST25TA into the emulated memory of the T4T it should to the job.)

Please beware that this only works for such memory cards. E.g. with a real ST25TA you get some more commands which are not covered by our T4T emulation.

Some cases where copying / emulating a different card becomes impossible or virtually impossible:

• Cryptography
  • Commands which expect very short and strict timing (e.g. complete NFC-A anticollision)

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

it depends a lot on the type of cards....

If you talk about some memory card then it can be possible to emulate a previously read-out card and its memory content.

On ST25R3916/7 side you will need to implement on the MCU all the command response frames being expected by a reader device and answered by the real card.

In our demo software we are emulating for example an NFC Forum T3T/T4T. (E.g. ST25TA is T4T compatible. If you copy all the content of NDEF file and CC previously read from the ST25TA into the emulated memory of the T4T it should to the job.)

Please beware that this only works for such memory cards. E.g. with a real ST25TA you get some more commands which are not covered by our T4T emulation.

Some cases where copying / emulating a different card becomes impossible or virtually impossible:

• Cryptography
  • Commands which expect very short and strict timing (e.g. complete NFC-A anticollision)

Regards, Ulysses