cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE + Linux + stm32vldiscovery pipeline doesn't work

falsekeel
Associate

Hi All!

I'm trying to flash my first project to stm32vldiscovery using CubeIDE under Linux (ubuntu 18.04). I tried different debug configuration, but I didn't meet success. I saw different errors such as "Target unknown error 27" or just "Failed to start GDB server".

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any appropriate documentation myself.

What should I do to flash my board? Could you please clarify what config should I use?

Thanks a lot and sorry for this question. I've spent too much time not to ask for help.

3 REPLIES 3

The VL Discovery board is VERY OLD, with a deprecated version of the ST-LINK which has very little support at this juncture.

Check if the GDB Server or OpenOCD support, or have options for, the ST-LINK/V1

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
falsekeel
Associate

Thanks for you advice! I set up debug configuration that you can see below and saw a bunch of errors. I really want to know what I did wrong

0693W000001rePBQAY.png

0693W000001rePGQAY.png

mattias norlander
ST Employee

@Community member​ is right. This is a very old board. Probably the only board embedding the ST-LINK/V1. ST-LINK/V1 is not supported by CubeIDE.

Would recommend to get another board. A possible option could be to use external debug probe and connect it on the 4-pin SWD header. Works on other Nucleos/Discos. But a new board is certainly a better solution.