cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX has no option to set Analog Watchdog 2 & 3 watchdog channels

LDoes.1
Associate II

CubeMX shows no option for setting the active channels for analog watchdog 2 and 3 for the STM32G474RBTx.

0693W000001rSvuQAE.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello LDoes.1,

STM32CubeMX has already this option, in fact, in order to select a watchdog (2 or 3) to monitor a channel (e.g., Analog watchdog 2 to monitor channel 1) :

• Activate channel 1.
  • Enable Analog Watchdog2Mode.
  • Select "ADC_Regular_ConversionMode" >> "Rank", from "channel" list you can select the channel (from those already activated) and with “Monitored by�? you can choose the watchdog to monitor this channel.

You’ll find below a screenshot to clarify more the process (case channel 1 activated and Analog Watchdog2 enabled).

0693W000001rcgyQAA.png

BR,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello LDoes.1,

ADC has three Analog watchdogs with different characteristics :

• One Analog Watchdog can monitor one selected channel or all enabled channels (Analog Watchdog 1).
  • Two analog Watchdogs (2 and 3) more flexible and can guard several selected channels.

Please refer to RM0440 section 21.4.28 (https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/dm00355726-stm32g4-series-advanced-arm-based-32-bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf) for further details.

BR,

Khouloud.

Hi Khouloud,

I am aware of the differences between AWD1 and AWD2&3 however my question/bug report is about the fact that CubeMX has no option to set the channels for AWD 2&3 (the thing that makes them more flexible).

Of course it is possible to set the register manually in software but in my opinion this defeats the purpose of using CubeMX

Hello LDoes.1,

STM32CubeMX has already this option, in fact, in order to select a watchdog (2 or 3) to monitor a channel (e.g., Analog watchdog 2 to monitor channel 1) :

• Activate channel 1.
  • Enable Analog Watchdog2Mode.
  • Select "ADC_Regular_ConversionMode" >> "Rank", from "channel" list you can select the channel (from those already activated) and with “Monitored by�? you can choose the watchdog to monitor this channel.

You’ll find below a screenshot to clarify more the process (case channel 1 activated and Analog Watchdog2 enabled).

0693W000001rcgyQAA.png

BR,

Khouloud.

Hi Khouloud,
This is exactly what I was looking for, many thanks.
Kind regards,
Luc