cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected restart, NUCLEO-L432KC

MBASL.1
Associate

Hello,

I want to use a NUCLEO-L432KC as an interface card on a computer.

The L432KC reboots when it is plugged into the USB port of my computer in Windows 10.

These restarts occur randomly after a few minutes.

These restarts also occur if I supply it with 12V and it is connected to the USB port of the computer.

I did not observe these restarts when the L432KC is powered without being plugged into a USB port.

I did not observe these reboots when plugged into the USB port of another computer in Windows 7 and in Linux computer (Ubuntu 18.04).

Here is my test code:

#include "mbed.h"

DigitalOut myled (LED1);

DigitalIn button (PA_7);

int main () {

while (! button) {

myled = 1; // LED is ON

wait (1.0); // 1 seconde

myled = 0; // LED is OFF

wait (1.0); 

}

while (1) {

myled = 1; // LED is ON

wait (0.25); // 250 ms

myled = 0; // LED is OFF

wait (0.25); 

}

}

A button is connected between PA_7 and + 5V, a restoring resistor (15kohm) between PA_7 and GND.

At startup (or restart) the LED flashes at 0.5 Hertz, after pressing the button connected to PA_7 the LED flashes at 2Hz.

If you have an idea on the origin of the problem ?

Marc.

1 REPLY 1
MBASL.1
Associate

Hello,

I answer my own post:

I first tried to update the ST-LINK driver

After that, I had to restart the computer, the operation was not yet stable (I had the impression that things were continuing to implement this in Windows 10).

I then installed the ST-LINK firmware update

After that, I restarted the computer again, the operation was still not stable (and I still had the impression that things continued to set it up).

I installed ST-LINK utility

Then I restart. It functioned. But I don't think the ST-LINK utility had anything to do with it. I thought rather that it was the update of the driver ST-LINK or the update of the firmware.

Marc.