cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time debugger needed

JChew.1
Associate II

Hi,

Currently i am using STM32L082CZ processor and debugger tools as ST-LINK V2 B2019-51.

When I enter debug mode, it will update the status/flag/watch variable upon reach breakpoints.

The debugger window show on Keil won't update during run time, it must be break only can update although run time already updated the status/flag/watch variable.

I am not really familiar with STM32 debugger, hence can you all suggest any debugger that can run time monitor without breakpoints.

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> STM32L82CZ

huh?

> can you all suggest any debugger that can run time monitor without breakpoints.

STM32CubeMonitor is a piece of software that might get you what you need. It can display variable values in realtime.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemonitor.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The Cortex-M0 has limited logic committed to debug, so experience will be less rich than other platforms, and ones supporting trace.

Would suggest you use classic methods like outputting telemetry and diagnostic information so you can understand flow dynamics of your own code, and have code that watches/reports on critical variables as needed. Implement a simple monitor if you need more interactive behaviour.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The thing I want to request is a JTAG emulator use for STm32. I am new to STM32L0 series, I don't know which emulator/JTAG/Jlink should I buy. Previously I experience using XDS100v2 JTAG emulator with TexusInstrument TMS320 processor, now I switch to this STM32L0 with ST Link/v2, and found out it was not able to run time monitor the  status/flag/watch variable. I wish to buy another JTag/Jlink which can run time monitor STM32L0. Any suggestion model ?