cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX IDE v1.3.1, MacOS 10.14.6, Build fails with "/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe: command not found" - the ".exe" is incorrect.

TTeag.1
Associate

The makefile is not correct with: arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe -O ihex "IOproc.elf" "IOproc.hex", but the IDE is trying to run arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe.

I just reinstalled the IDE using the Mac installer - no change. How can I get the IDE to generate a makefile that does not have ".exe"?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Not real sure why it's appending the .EXE. It doesn't do this on Windows 10.

You can always add the ELF to HEX conversion as a postprocessing step in project properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Build steps -> Post-build steps

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TTeag.1
Associate

Perfect! On the Mac, that step is incorrectly specified. Simply removing the ".exe" in the location mentioned above solved the problem.

Thank you very much.

TDK
Guru

Interesting. On my machine, ELF -> HEX generation is done by a checkbox on a different screen. I assumed you were doing the same. Maybe your project file was created for windows and someone added that as a post build step. In any case, glad you got it sorted out.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".