cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem programming the sensortile with Nucleo

SSaha.1
Associate III

I have recently got a brand new Sensortile and a nucleo L476RG.

I checked if the tile was working by connecting the tile to the cradle expansion board (STLCX01V1) and using the bluetooth app from ST (STBLESensor). The system worked and I could view data being streamed to the app.

In order to view the data to the PC, I decided to solder the tile to the mini cradle (the one with SD card and battery slot, STLCR01V1), connected the SWD interface the Nucleo, removed the CN2 jumper and connected the Nucleo to the computer via the USB cable. I observed three things.

1. when Nucleo is connected, a file called Fail.txt is shown on screen, which says "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU"
  2. No LED flashes on the tile. When I tested the tile with the cradle expansion and bluetooth app, I remember a red/orange LED flashing.
  3. The nucleo is detected as expected by the computer as a virtual com port (COM3). When I launch STMCubeMX and try to read the address, it says read failed.

When I instead connect the cradle to the USB port of the computer, a solid red LED is seen on the cradle, but no hardware is detected.

Surprisingly, when I connect the battery to the mini cradle, the cradle LED turns green, and the orange LED on the tile starts flashing again and I can read the data from the STBLESensor app, this proves that the tile is working fine.

Any suggestions on what am I missing on the steps required to program the sensortile via the Nucleo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SSaha.1
Associate III

Ok I found out you need to connect the battery to the mini cradle for the system to work. Pretty weird as I thought the USB connection to the mini cradle would be enough.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SSaha.1
Associate III

Ok I found out you need to connect the battery to the mini cradle for the system to work. Pretty weird as I thought the USB connection to the mini cradle would be enough.

Pchau.2
Associate II

i am facing the same problem even after connecting the battery,