cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have purchase set STM32H750B-DK, currently i am practice to use toughgfx function, it work well under simulation mode, and i use STMCubeIDE to Compile is ok, no error, when download to STM32H750B-DK. but when download, encounter error below.

KLau.1
Associate II

I have purchase one set STM32H750B-DK, currently i am practice to use toughgfx function, it work well under simulation mode, and i use STMCubeIDE compile is ok , when download to STM32H750B-DK, encounter error below. appreciate you all able advise.

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

load C:\\Users\\admin\\STM32CubeIDE\\workspace_1.2.0\\Implement\\Debug\\Implement.elf

Error message from debugger back end:

Load failed

load C:\\Users\\admin\\STM32CubeIDE\\workspace_1.2.0\\Implement\\Debug\\Implement.elf

Load failed

Load failed

Load failed

Further go to debug mode, show error above,

Starting server with the following options:

Persistent Mode           : Disabled

Logging Level             : 1

Listen Port Number        : 61234

Status Refresh Delay      : 15s

Verbose Mode              : Disabled

SWD Debug                 : Enabled

Waiting for debugger connection...

Debugger connected

Debugger connection lost.

Shutting down...

appreciate your team expertise able assist for it.

5 REPLIES 5
KLau.1
Associate II

I have saw the link method, but no work at all. is it ST team able help remote control and check it. appreciate a lot

Bob Bailey
Senior

No response from support? I have a similar issue with the latest tools. Touchgfx designer uses default project names when generating code. If I use that, everything seems to work. If I rename the project (either once imported into CubeIDE, or before importing when its just the designer generated output) I get that same error.

error message is essentially the same. Note, everything works fine if I haven't renamed the project. I've gone thru the debug config and it looks ok as far as I can tell. The only change was renaming the project from STM32H735G-DK to STM32H735G-DK1 (I think I renamed the .launch file also)

Error in final launch sequence:

load C:\\Users\\Bob\\Documents\\BE\\blah\\Proj004\\STM32CubeIDE\\Debug\\STM32H735G-DK1.elf 

Load failed
load C:\\Users\\Bob\\Documents\\BE\\blah\\Proj004\\STM32CubeIDE\\Debug\\STM32H735G-DK1.elf 

Load failed

Load failed
Load failed

Bob

I run F7s. I've renamed projects by changing the project name in the .project file, then reimporting into the workspace. I've never had these issue be tied to project renames though. Does it work if you build the project, then flash the .elf file with STM32CubeProgrammer?

I think I may have solved my issue. I have not tried using the CubeProgrammer directly. What I did was open up my renamed .launch file and edited the spots where the original project name was . I then picked the .elf file in the debug config and it worked.

Still figuring out all the new 'features' of the latest Cube/Touch generation (links to files instead of the actual files in the project directories, whats up with that....?)

Thanks for your reply

Bob

I think the launch files are created by CubeIDE upon first debug. You can add or remove them from Run->Debug Configurations, under STM32 Cortex-M C/C++ Application. I suspect that if you did everything the same as what you did before, but instead of modifying the launch file yourself you removed and replaced it using this window, that things would work fine.

The linking to files is actually an Eclipse thing - the antithesis of "latest generation" 🙂

Good luck.