cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Memories Definition in linker file from STM32CubeIDE

HPam.1
Associate II

Hello everyone, I am new to STM32CubeIDE. I want to ask how to configure Memory address in the STM32CubeIDE. (Image Below)

0693W000001rDVRQA2.png

I saw that the linker file was auto generated, so I am assuming that there is a setting in STM32CubeIDE that can let me configure the memory such as adding SDRAM memory ORIGIN and LENGTH. Currently, I manually adjust the file,I am worried it will get overwritten some time in the future after compiling the project.

0693W000001rDVIQA2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Starting from nothing linker files are generated obviously.

STM32CubeIDE is then not updating linker files at all once existing.

Only update done, if possible, is applied if playing with integrated Device Tool Configuration editor heap and stack size.

Section(s) definition and usage is never revisited.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Starting from nothing linker files are generated obviously.

STM32CubeIDE is then not updating linker files at all once existing.

Only update done, if possible, is applied if playing with integrated Device Tool Configuration editor heap and stack size.

Section(s) definition and usage is never revisited.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>  I want to ask how to configure Memory address in the STM32CubeIDE.

STM32CubeIDE currently does not provide any means for this. It will only create a standard script from a template when it creates a new project.

Then you can edit it in any text editor (including the STM32CubeIDE itself) or bring your own script.

> Currently, I manually adjust the file,I am worried it will get overwritten some time in the future after compiling the project.

It won't automatically overwrite the link script.

If you worry about the automated generation, save your work in a version control. It's a good thing in any case.

-- pa