cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure PINs of the STM32L082KZ / number of USART ports. When configuring the USART CubeMX states for USART4 "Status: partly disabled conflict with: USART1). What does it mean?

Jeroen deBuffel
Associate III

I am not able to find details what the restrictions are and what is disabled. When simply looking at the allocation Table it should work. Below my desired configuration:

SWDIO (PA13)

SWCLK (PA14)

LPUART (PA2 / PA3)

USART1 (PB6 / PB7)

USART4 (PA0 / PA1)

USART5 (PB3 / PB4)

IC21 (PA9 / PA10)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
berendi
Principal

The warning means that certain functions requiring additional pins are not available.

Clicking on USART4 you will find that the Hardware Flow Control setting is yellow. Click on the dropdown next to it, CTS Only and CTS/RTS are red.

So the reason for the warning is that the CTS pin is not available because of a pin conflict with another peripheral. According to your desired pin configuration, you do not need that pin, so it is safe to ignore the warning.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
berendi
Principal

The warning means that certain functions requiring additional pins are not available.

Clicking on USART4 you will find that the Hardware Flow Control setting is yellow. Click on the dropdown next to it, CTS Only and CTS/RTS are red.

So the reason for the warning is that the CTS pin is not available because of a pin conflict with another peripheral. According to your desired pin configuration, you do not need that pin, so it is safe to ignore the warning.

Jeroen deBuffel
Associate III

That helps a lot in bringing me up to speed to this works.

Thanks a lot!