cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to interface OPTREX 20434 LCD to STM32F407 discovery board.

humbleseeker
Associate

Hi,

I am trying to interface an OPTREX 20434 LCD with my STM32F407 Discovery board. Here is a link to my source code https://github.com/humbleseekre/STM32F4XX_Driver_Dev.git

Below are the steps I tried to debug this issue:

1. I can see lcd is powered on looking at the screen
  2. Attached are the two reference documents that I used for this driver development
  3. Single stepped into the code and observed intended GPIO go high (1) when I do a lcd write (0x30) in my code.
  4. I was not sure of the if the delay function is accurate enough so I just increased by a factor of 10, to just to be sure that LCD is getting enough delay between initialization steps
  5. I verified my pin connections on the board matches the declaration I have in my firmware
  6. I unit tested GPIO HAL API using LEDs to verity they are working as intended
  7. Below is my how my pin connections look like:
/*-----------------------LDC PIN OUT BOARD CONNECTION----------------------------------/
* VSS (0 volts or GND)
* VCC (+5 volts DC)
* VEE (I’m using 0 volts i.e GND)
* PE1  -> EN 
* PE0  -> RS
* PD12 -> RW
* --------
* PB12 -> D0
* PB13 -> D1
* PB14 -> D2
* PB15 -> D3
* PD08 -> D4
* PD09 -> D5
* PD10 -> D6 
* PD11 -> D7 
*/

6. Currently I don't have access to a logic analyzer or to an oscilloscope to see if GPIO are toggling as expected and if they are meeting the timing.

7. Please help me review the changes and any help in fixing this issue will be appreciated

PS: I have leveraged code bits and pieces of my code from lcd driver available on internet. Please excuse me for not referencing the original authors of the code snippets that I have used in my code

0 REPLIES 0