cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What TLS package is used for STM32F4?

AJ_EE
Associate II

Hi,

I am new to STM32 platform. I am using the STM32F439 Nucleo-144 board and STM32CubeIDE. I noticed that in the STM32Cube graphic interface, I can't find anything for SSL/TLS? I did read about Polar SSL but I can't find it anywhere in the interface or in any of the folders. I also can't find it under third party. Even wolfSSL. So my question is, what TLS is used for this? And where can I get it/how can I add it to the STM32Cube project? I'm planning to add TLS to my TCP project.

Thanks.

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AJ_EE
Associate II

I think I just found the answer to my question. It looks like it's MBEDTLS. I have never used or heard of it before. Are there any available examples for TCP client and server applications? I checked the STM32F4Cube folder under projects and boards and applications but did not see any MBEDTLS examples.

Thanks again

AJ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AJ_EE
Associate II

I think I just found the answer to my question. It looks like it's MBEDTLS. I have never used or heard of it before. Are there any available examples for TCP client and server applications? I checked the STM32F4Cube folder under projects and boards and applications but did not see any MBEDTLS examples.

Thanks again

AJ

AJ_EE
Associate II

Hi JW,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

AJ

AJ_EE
Associate II

It looks like wolfSSL also supports STM32F4's. I'm curious, does anyone have some feedback on using wolfSSL vs MBEDTLS? I appreciate any input. My plan to start with simple TCP socket client and server program using LWIP BSD. This is just sort of a quick used case. And then from there, add the TLS. From experience, I've found it easy to migrate my client/server socket code to wolfSSL. Just wondering if it's the same with MBEDTLS. So far, the advantage I see from MBEDTLS is that I just need to enable it on CubeMX. However, I currently have no idea how much changes I would have to do to my socket program.

Thanks.

AJ

AJ_EE
Associate II

Hi,

How do I close this thread? I found an MBEDTLS exampls code on one of the project folders in the STM32CubeF4 package.

Piranha
Chief II

You don't close it but select the correct answer.

And be warned on this:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BOtfhnSQB/how-to-make-ethernet-and-lwip-working-on-stm32