cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide to program STM3241G-EVAL board to communicate USB Camera over ethernet

MHans.2
Associate II

Hi

I am very new to write a code for USB communication. I am looking for helpful link or resource in setting up USB based camera communication over ethernet.

I have the following questions

1. What does the video camera acts like a USB host or Device?
  2. How can we initialize the vendor's camera to start transmitting the video frame?

There is a in build camera module on EVAL board but my project requirement is to use a see3_cam camera and transmit its video frames over ethernet.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Perhaps there are some commercial USB stacks that have richer examples, and consultants with specific competencies?

If it is a USB Camera, and you're connecting it to the board, you'd need to be a USB HOST.

You'd need to understand the class and protocol it is using. Perhaps look at LINUX sources for supporting said camera, for expectations and initialization specifics.

I suspect you'll need to send USB request packets to the required endpoints on the camera/device.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MHans.2
Associate II

Thanks @Community member​ for the helpful suggestion.

I will do the search for USB Host and library required for initialization of camera.

Thanks again

Piranha
Chief II

Thankyou @Piranha​  for the reply.

I will keep those instructions in mind for LWIP ethernet.