cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK Problem , (possibly p-nucleo bricked ?)

TGUCL.1
Associate III

Hi

This is the first time I`m using STM32 tools and probably made a mistake hence I can`t connect to Nucleo 68 board.

When I try to connect using STLink Utility I receive

22:31:40 : Can not connect to target!

Please select "Connect Under Reset" mode from Target->Settings menu and try again.

If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application , please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.

22:31:41 : No target connected

On the settings it shows as - Target detection fail. / Target Voltage Detection fail

When I connect it for the first time I was able to debug using Keil but debugger crashed in a function and next I tried to Load the program . This is where board became unresponsive

Has anyone experienced something similar this ? How do you unbrick a board ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

>>p-nucleo,  Nucleo 68

Please link to the product web pages for the things you're talking about.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

One half of the P-NUCLEO-WB55 is the "Nucleo68" board.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/p-nucleo-wb55.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TGUCL.1
Associate III
Sorry, I should be more accurate
I mean Nucleo-64 Board and not the dongle.
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Missiing/missplaced jumpers? Unpowered CPU? Connect under reset needed?

TGUCL.1
Associate III

I managed to fix it. It`s probably because i`m novice with the tools. So I kept pressing reset as I power the board on whilst STlink was configured to connect under reset. Then managed to connect to the board.

Tried to do a full chip erase but it didn`t work. I got an error message saying mass flash erase has failed. Then I tried to erase by sectors which seemed to work.

Thanks for your time