cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE Serial Console in use

PeterL
Associate III

I am stuck at step 6 in

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157C-DK2/Develop_on_Arm%C2%AE_Cortex%C2%AE-M4/Modify,_rebuild_and_reload_a_firmware

MPU Serial Console is operational, ethernet RJ45 also, and serial port is not opened elsewhere.

I don't get passed this yellow light, "serial consol in use"

/Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

​Hi @PeterL​ 

You screenshot is normal. You have indeed the serial console open.

Close it to see the widget status move to green

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​ 

Closing Console does not cause widget to change... For me.,.

/Peter

@Community member​ , OK I assumed closing console was either using the tab cross or disconnect then tab cross. Neither worked. But there was another way to close. Using a cross located outside the tab, at the right end of the title window. Strangely that behaved differently than the tab cross.

Now it worked. Really odd way to close a tab...

/Peter

@Community member​ 

Got stuck at next step immediately...

0693W000001r02RQAQ.jpg

There is an error message blocking me from debug. The label "Connection" in frame header is blinking...

/Peter

PeterL
Associate III

When there is both an STLink connection and FTDI connection, then FTDI is chosen by CubeIDE. My problem is that FTDI port is not a linux console, but an application proprietary port.

At Window | preferences | STM32Cube | MPU Serial there seem to be a feature to choose a preferred com-port, but that is without effect for me.

I can see that wrong port is selected and fails to open since I have putty already opened the FTDI com port.