cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot compile X-CUBE-AZURE example with SBSFU for the P-L496G-CELL02 discovery pack

VQuir.1
Associate

I've recently acquired the P-L496G-CELL02 board to test the ST integration with Azure IoT Hub.

The software provided by ST includes projects for the next boards:

• STM32F769I-DISCO (2 Mbytes of Flash)
  • STM32F413H-DISCO (1.5 Mbytes of Flash)
  • B-L475E-IOT01A (1 Mbyte of Flash)
  • P-L496G-CELL02 (1 Mbyte of Flash)

I imported all the SW4STM32 projects from SMT32CubeIDE, running on Ubuntu.

The first 2 cases compile as expected, generating both bin and sfb files, which combine bootloader and user application.

On the other hand, the last 2 projects include 2 linker scripts, one which adds the bootloader, and another which excludes it. These 2 projects were configured to use the later linker script, so I modified the project settings to use the first one and to use size optimizations.

After that, I'm getting this error:

STM32L496G-Discovery_Azure.elf section `.rodata' will not fit in region `APPLI_region_ROM'

I think this issue is related to the memory size of the output files, because I also found this comment in one of the linker files: "With SW4STM32 the slot size is reduced compared to other IDEs because the SBSFU code is bigger".

Since ST distributes a working binary, my questions are: Did that file generated with another IDE or is there something misconfigured in these projects?

If anyone has managed to make the demo work with the same IDE and any of the troubled boards, please, let me know how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Viviana

1 REPLY 1
Guillaume K
ST Employee

The Azure binaries distributed in X-CUBE-AZURE were generated with IAR EWARM.