cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS331DLH chips I got show wrong value under low temperature.

kdok .1
Associate II

hello.

I have a question about LIS331DLH.

​under low temperature, LIS331DLH chip z-axis shows wrong value.

it is almost 100 difference between -10 degree and 22 degree.

x,y axis is fine but only z axis is problem.

every chip I got have same problem except one chip.

is there ways to figure out this problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @kdok .1​ , in LIS331DLH device the z axis is in effect mechanically "asymmetrical" with respect to the other axis, and this partially can cause a higher temperature dependency (100 LSB in 30°C range, right?). Btw, I would suggest you to check a couple of things:

• The z-axis is the one typically affected by the gravity intensity, so that the variation is around 1g. If toy are not interested in it, you could enable the embedded HP filter (CTRL_REG2 register configuration) and cut the DC component of the acceleration.
  • Which is your temperature setup? I mean, are you just heating / cooling the device or are you also bending it in some way (application board bending, gasket pressing on the LIS331DLH package)? The temperature variation would amplify any bending effect, especially on the z-axis.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @kdok .1​ , in LIS331DLH device the z axis is in effect mechanically "asymmetrical" with respect to the other axis, and this partially can cause a higher temperature dependency (100 LSB in 30°C range, right?). Btw, I would suggest you to check a couple of things:

• The z-axis is the one typically affected by the gravity intensity, so that the variation is around 1g. If toy are not interested in it, you could enable the embedded HP filter (CTRL_REG2 register configuration) and cut the DC component of the acceleration.
  • Which is your temperature setup? I mean, are you just heating / cooling the device or are you also bending it in some way (application board bending, gasket pressing on the LIS331DLH package)? The temperature variation would amplify any bending effect, especially on the z-axis.

Regards

​Thank you for answer.

I want angle values by using this chip.

I tried to remove DC component. then all DC component value gone with the angle values.