cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, We`re trying to choose the controller for the new product. Could you please list relevant ST Devices which supports Asymmetric Image Authentication

AM.3
Associate II

Our Security requirement is Device with Secure Boot with Image authentication using Public Key / Certificate. But We could not find any st device which supports asymmetric authentication. 

4 REPLIES 4
AAgar.2
Associate III

There are multiple MCUs but you need to be more specific.

1) What public key algo are you planning to use, RSA, ECDSA?

2) Any more specifics?

Both are fine ( RSA / ECDSA ). MCU`s with more than 2 MB of Flash and 1 MB of RAM is preferable. I could not find relevant Security Details in the Controllers reference manual. For example I could not find what kind of Secure Boot mechanism is used in this STM32H750XBH6 controller.

Secure Boot will only verify the signature of the FW image.

For image authentication, you will most likely need a custom bootloader.

Although a custom bootloader is not complicated a custom bootloader with crypto is much more complicated. I would consider the system architecture for this further.

DM me if you want to discuss in detail.

AM.3
Associate II

Thanks for the reply. I was talking about user level firmware only ( For now assume user boot loader ). I want the ROM Boot to verify the User Level Bootloader Signature using Public Key. Could you please specify the ST Controllers which supports this and the relevant documents link