cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-ST25R002 - Sources of STM32L4 based firmware for ST25R3911B-DISCO

~Amit~
Associate III

Hi,

I decided on adding the ST25R3911B to a project I work on.

I puchase the ST25R3911B-DISCO and for start I would like to "play" with the L4 firmware in order to understand how to manage the ST25R3911B correctly.

My problem is that the STSW-ST25R002 (oftware contains the ST25R3911B-DISCO firmware source, which is an USB HID controlled application for STM32L476) is given as a project for Keil. The L4 is not free for use with Keil.

Is there a way to get the firmware project on some other free IDE?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO is good for playing with the chip and see its capabilities. However the firmware is somewhat heavy due to it also handling USB and forwarding all methods through some legacy APIs to a PC.

If you intend to start your own firmware development then I recommend you to start of with X-NUCLEO-NFC05 + X-CUBE-NFC5. It comes with sample projects for major toolchains including free ones.

If you use NUCLEO-L476 then your binaries will also run on ST25R3911B-DISCO (only raw TTL UART though).

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO is good for playing with the chip and see its capabilities. However the firmware is somewhat heavy due to it also handling USB and forwarding all methods through some legacy APIs to a PC.

If you intend to start your own firmware development then I recommend you to start of with X-NUCLEO-NFC05 + X-CUBE-NFC5. It comes with sample projects for major toolchains including free ones.

If you use NUCLEO-L476 then your binaries will also run on ST25R3911B-DISCO (only raw TTL UART though).

Regards, Ulysses