cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable node configuration lost after build

AViau.1
Associate

Hi everyone,

I have been using STM32CubeMonitor for some time and I love this tool. The only problem I have is when I compile my code, I have to reselect the variables in the configuration of the variable nodes. Is there a way for the software to remember the variables I want to analyze or at least a way for the software to tell me that it is no longer able to find the variable select in the code? Because for now when it does not find the variable, it simply displays a null value in the graph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

The tool is checking the executable/elf content only when the elf variables nodes is edited. When the flow has been deployed, the executable is not monitored anymore, and update is not detected. So the tools is accessing to the address of older version, but is able to read some data. (May not be null value).

The idea to monitor the file and warn the user when changed would be a nice improvement. We will study if we can do this improvement.

Thank you

Stephane

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

The tool is checking the executable/elf content only when the elf variables nodes is edited. When the flow has been deployed, the executable is not monitored anymore, and update is not detected. So the tools is accessing to the address of older version, but is able to read some data. (May not be null value).

The idea to monitor the file and warn the user when changed would be a nice improvement. We will study if we can do this improvement.

Thank you

Stephane