cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possibile to power the board B-G431B-ESC1 with a 2s battery pack? I look the schematic and there is not an electronic limitation (all the components and uP are powered with +5 or +3.3) , so I wnat to know, why there is this limitation.

FRagg.1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, as you can find in UM2516 the B-G431B-ESC1 is targeted to 4s applications. There you also find the schematics of that board containing e.g. the MOSFET drivers, And those drivers are supplied with a voltage of 10V, which is regulated down from the battery voltage using a L7986TR (step down switching regulator).

Does it answer your question?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
FRagg.1
Associate II

I want to provide the 7V (2s conf) directly on the +10V line; I want to create a link from the external power supply and the positive side of C42 or C45 by means a little wire soldered on the appropriate terminal of the capacitor. Obviously, I will not power the L7986TR. Do you think that there is some restriction on this workaround?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The MOSFET drivers are L6987E, which has a VCC undervoltage turn-on threshold of max 6.5V, so the margin to 7V is really small. Please consider possible voltage drops at V+ due to the discharge profile of your cells.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.