cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are using STM32F429VET in our design. Please tell me if the internal structure of I/O port of STM32F429VET is the same.

MKono.1
Associate

Currently, we are testing whether smoke and fire will occur when adjacent I/O ports are shorted. If the internal structure is the same, we think that a representative set of tests is sufficient. However, if the internal structure is different, then all I/O ports must be tested.

Is the I/O port of the STM32F429VET the same from this point of view?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Most GPIO pins are the same, but there are some differences. PC13-15 and PH0-1. But unless you're shorting 3V3 to GND, nothing bad should happen. And even then, the chip will likely just reset and start working again when the short is removed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The datasheet explains the different IO Structures. Read carefully!

TDK
Guru

Most GPIO pins are the same, but there are some differences. PC13-15 and PH0-1. But unless you're shorting 3V3 to GND, nothing bad should happen. And even then, the chip will likely just reset and start working again when the short is removed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".