cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should CubeIDE 1.3.1 projects open in 1.3.0?

SKled.1
Senior II

Can someone tell me with absolute certainty whether a workspace and project created with CubeIDE 1.3.1 should (is supposed to) open (and build etc) properly with CubeIDE 1.3.0?

I guess it should if only the last digit changed (if that's typical semantic versioning).

I made a 1.3.1 project and sent it to someone with 1.3.0 who can't update to 1.3.1 because his Kaspersky antivirus software claims the update process is malware...

I can't get back to 1.3.0 currently (updated from 1.2 to 1.3.1).

We're having some trouble getting this going, and I'd like to exclude that this is an issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Yes absolutely from a workspace , build and debug perpective 1.3.1 and 1.3.0 are same and compliant without any issue.

1.3.1 is a minor update only updating (you can compare both install looking at plugins diff) Device Configuration Tool (aka. STM32CubeMX integration).

This way ony 1.3.1 created .ioc file(s) are not 1.3.0 compliant

SKled.1
Senior II

Ah, thanks. The .ioc should not be a problem as long as nothing is tried to be altered when opened in 1.3.0? Everything is configured so far, there should be no need for altering the config.

Btw, should I raise a bug report or something, with regards to the Kasperky issue?

Alas I can't give a detailed message or exact file or process, not sure of how much use a mere "Kaspersky don't like it!" is.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Let's consider ST is tracking such forum exchanges ...