cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 push button to work? And where's the example projects for the NUCLEO-H743ZI2?

LPham.6
Associate II

When I used the STM32CubeMX for the NUCLEO-H743ZI, there's an option to enable NVIC EXTI line[15:10] interrupts for the push button. But when I used the STM32CubeMX for the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 there's no option to enable the EXTI line[15:10] interrupts for the push button.

Is this a bug with the STM32CubeMX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The ZI2 should have the User Button connected to PC13 (default) or PA0 depending on Solder Bridges SB51/SB58

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00499160-stm32h7-nucleo144-boards-mb1364-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The ZI also supports PC13 (default) or PA0 via SB173/SB180

Not seeing how these are materially different. The GPIO, EXTI and NVIC setting should be the same.

Sorry not using CubeMX so really can't talk to its deficiencies.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.7.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_EXTI\readme.txt

Use the define USE_NUCLEO_H743ZI2 on the compiler command line to indicate you're using the ZI2 board. Couple of pin changes, and different LEDs as I recall

LPham.6
Associate II

Thanks for the response.

I opened the readme.txt file from the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.7.0 directory and it's only meant for the NUCLEO-H743ZI.

With the NUCLEO-H743ZI, and using the STM32CubeMX allows configuring the EXTI and GPIO trigger. But this is not the case with the NUCLEO-H743ZI2. I have updated my toolset to be the latest too.

I'll try to use the NUCLEO-H743ZI project as a base and adapt it to the NUCLEO-H743ZI2. It doesn't make sense for the NVIC option to change in the STM32CubeMX for the same processor on different boards.

The ZI2 should have the User Button connected to PC13 (default) or PA0 depending on Solder Bridges SB51/SB58

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00499160-stm32h7-nucleo144-boards-mb1364-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The ZI also supports PC13 (default) or PA0 via SB173/SB180

Not seeing how these are materially different. The GPIO, EXTI and NVIC setting should be the same.

Sorry not using CubeMX so really can't talk to its deficiencies.

Hi Clive,

Thanks for all the help.

I decided to use my code that's configured in STM32CubeMX for the NUCLEO-H743ZI instead of NUCLEO-H743ZI2 and modified the pins that changed. It's too bad. I spent a lot of time trying to make the STM32CubeMX to work, but it's just not worth it.