cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Chip is not properly soldered hence came out when the board got delivered. How to fix it ?

DRAME.1
Associate II

Inventek systems ef-wifi module got detached from the board. Hope this is the wifi module. But How can I attach it back to the board. If thats not possible can I get a new replacement the board and how long would that take ? Since its a brand new board and I took out the board and the board Inventek systems wifi module is detatched. Please do let me know quickly. Because I need the board to be working for my time critical project.

6 REPLIES 6

For the STM32H7B3I-DK I'd recommend going back through your supplier. Failing that your local ST support office.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32h7b3i-dk.html

Where exactly did it fail? The castellations? Can you resolder it?

Can you provide a picture/illustration of the issue?

Was this an issue of poor handling/shearing forces, or one of bad soldering?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ANala.2
Associate II

Hello Sir,

I took the board from the box and powered up and could see display powering up I worked on the same flashing code. But later I could see a chip was not attached properly to Board. It’s the fault of improper soldering.

Now the chip is completely isolated from the board. Please do help me in attaching the chip to the board else please help with a board replacement. Getting a new board would be tough for me.Please do the needful.

Thanks and Regards

Abhijith N.M.

ANala.2
Associate II

Hello Sir,

I am facing the Gdb server Issue while trying to flash the code to the board, is this the problem with the USB cable being used ?? Because I have installed GDB server from STM site.

please specify the USB cable to be used, does that need to have any specific voltage range for the USB cable ??

Sorry not using GDB server, using different tool chain.

Standard USB voltages, however the use of charging cables, without data pins D+/D-, will definitely not provide suitable connectivity.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Find a local technician with suitable soldering experience to assess if the board is repairable, and whether they can resolder it or not with the skills/equipment they have.

I'm not going to be able to replace your board. You will need to work back up the supply-chain to determine if return for repair or replacement is available, and how they want to go about that.

Thierry GUILHOT
ST Employee

As reported by clive1, the board is provided with standard warranty. If the board was delivered damaged, I recommend you to contact your supplier to get it replaced by a working one.