cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Windows 10, CubeMX complains about wanting Java JRE 1.8.0_45 64 bit or a more recent version. Downloading a 64 bit version of Java does not resolve this issue. Where do I get a version that makes CubeMX happy?

Dan Mackie
Senior

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

Depending on your system path settings, another Java version might be ran instead of the one it needs. Just a guess.

This version of Java works for me:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_102>java -version

java version "1.8.0_102"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Dvorak.Peter
Senior II

First uninstall all Javas. Then install new one

Dan Mackie
Senior

The following version has resolved matters. Thanks.

Dan Mackie
Senior

I pasted in a clip from "control panel installed software", and that paste got tossed by ST when my foregoing answer was posted, so here it is in plain text.

Jave 8 Version 251 (64 bit) (version 8.0.2510.8) resolved matters.

Mdede.1
Associate II

I am just trying to install this version of CubeMX and it gives me the same error during install. I currently have Java 8 Version 261 (64 bit) (build 1.8.0_261-b12) and no other version installed an yet it still fails to install. Any ideas?

Running Cube MX 5.5.0 over Java 8 251 64 bit 8.0.2510.8
Mdede.1
Associate II

I resolved my issue. The Java utilities seemed to not report the version correctly. I think it was always installing the 32 bit version. Resolved by uninstalling the latested Java update and manually downloading the latest Windows Offline 64bit file and install that. version 6.0 now works