cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i wire a STM32F070C6T6TR?

deep_rune
Associate III

I want to design a board around the STM32F070C6T6TR. Ive been looking at the article here - https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00089834-getting-started-with-stm32f030xx-and-stm32f070xx-series-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf to help me and I wanted to check that I've got everything right before i move on..

based on the diagram on page 23, I don't need the LSE timing source, as I'll always be running in full power mode. I don't need the boot control, because I'm always booting from the main memory so I connect boot0 to ground. i also don't need a reset so Im just going to leave the reset pin (or do i need to connect it low / high?). other than that everything stays the same as in the diagram

is this all correct?

any help appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
berendi
Principal

Either reset (preferably) or boot0 is needed to recover when a buggy firmware disables the SWD port. If neither of them is accessible, make no mistakes.

deep_rune
Associate III

thanks, so i should leave in the reset toggle (preferably), or the boot0 but i don't need both?

berendi
Principal

Make reset available on the program/debug header, the debugger probe will handle it.