cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add external loader (already implemented) to STM32CubeProgrammer?

Luca G.
Associate III

Dear all,

I created an external loader for a custom board and I am using it on the STM32CubeIDE (copying it in the specific folder) to debug; everything works fine.

How can I use the same external loader in the STM32CubeProgrammer? I tried to insert the stldr file in the programmer's folders where there are the other stldr files but then it does not appear in the external loader list of programmer.

Workaround question: is it possible to use the STMCubeIDE program from the microcontroller from a hexadecimal file? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi Luca G.,

From a first investigation, when inserting the .stldr file in the STM32CubeProgrammer's folders, make sure you add it in the "ExternalLoader" folder and not in the "FlashLoader" folder (for internal loaders).

Please note that the name that appears in the loaders list on the cubeprogrammer's tool will be the name you used inside the project when creating the loder and not the actual physical name of the loader .stldr itself.

STM32CubeProgrammer has the possibility to download .hex files by adding them as follow:

0693W000003Pfe4QAC.png

I hope this help!

-Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi Luca G.,

From a first investigation, when inserting the .stldr file in the STM32CubeProgrammer's folders, make sure you add it in the "ExternalLoader" folder and not in the "FlashLoader" folder (for internal loaders).

Please note that the name that appears in the loaders list on the cubeprogrammer's tool will be the name you used inside the project when creating the loder and not the actual physical name of the loader .stldr itself.

STM32CubeProgrammer has the possibility to download .hex files by adding them as follow:

0693W000003Pfe4QAC.png

I hope this help!

-Imen

Thank you so much Imen!