cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between STM32L433RCT6P and STM32L433RCT6?

kiwironnie
Associate III

Where generally do I find the difference described between different mcu models in the same series with same major features. For example the difference between STM32L433RCT6P and STM32L433RCT6?

5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @kiwironnie​ ,

You need to look to product datasheet.

You have first the table  "STM32L433xx family device features and peripheral counts". Then to answer exactly your question, please refer to the section "Ordering information" at the end of the datasheet.

So "P" is for " Dedicated pinout supporting external SMPS".

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Danish1
Lead II

The data sheet is a good place to start, in the section on "Ordering Information".

For example in the L496 it says: STM32 L 496 V G T 6 PTR

It says the P means Dedicated pinout supporting external SMPS; without the P (blank) means Standard production with integrated LDO.

Here they do say that those parts with the P have a "dedicated pinout" so how pins are arranged, and even if they are present or not, depends whether it is the P version or not. In my experience you cannot substitute one for the other. So it suggests you look at the section on "Pinouts and pin description" where the "P" versions have significantly different pinning from non-P. It is fairly laborious to go through the tables and list all the differences.

Hope this helps,

Danish

Doh! Thanks. Missed that in the datasheet. My wife was right about never being able to find anything!

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Completely missed that page and am sure I'd seen pages like that before. Also appreciated the extra information about P types.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Danish​ ,

For sure datasheet provides all details about pinout, but if you refer to the application note "AN4978: Design recommendations for STM32L4xxxx with external SMPS, for ultra-low-power applications with high performance" you will find following explanation in the introduction:

These devices, marked with a ‘P’ suffix, use a different pinout, in which two

GPIO pins are replaced by two VDD12 supply pins that must be connected to the external

SMPS (the number of available GPIOs is therefore reduced by 2). The expected power

consumption gain in Run modes can be up to ~60%.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.