cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i get the download for the updated SensorTileBox firmware, SENSORTILE.BOX_v341.bin?

TJM
Senior

I captured it when the device asked for the update but the file may have gotten corrupted. Loaded v3.41 using STLinkv2 and the sensortilebox now appears to be dead. The file I have is 726691 bytes and doesn't appear to work. Sensortile won't boot, no LEDs.

thanks,

tjm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, just checked and you are right... The version I shared with you was without the Bootloader code section. Please find attached the complete FW version. Regards

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TJM​ , are you experiencing an issue during the FOTA firmware upgrade? If this is the case, can you please tell me your smartphone model and your OS version? Btw, please check the below attachment for the SensorTile.box_V3p4p1.bin. Regards

TJM
Senior

Eleon, thanks for the reply. The update will not take place using FOTA. I've tried with this phone many times and It only updated one time. Never could get it done successfully since then. The phone is a Motorola G5 Plus and the OS is Android 8.1. I've had problems with other things with this phone. However, I made the update with your file this morning using the STLinkv2 and I've attached the screenshot. The line at the bottom that says 'Warning: the core is locked up' after the upload completes is a bit disturbing. With v341 installed the sensortile box is dead and locked up with no activity. I can reflash the v335 back in and it will return to normal. What's your suggestion for this? Has anyone else had issues with the v341 update. Does it require some different settings in Cube Programmer? Here is a screenshot:

0693W000001qjxBQAQ.png

Well, just checked and you are right... The version I shared with you was without the Bootloader code section. Please find attached the complete FW version. Regards

Loaded and worked perfectly. Thanks.

I know this unit will let the user know there is a firmware update and it will download and try to install itself but my phone just doesn't work.

There should be a location where the firmware files can be downloaded should something get corrupted or not downloaded correctly.

tjm

Hi tjm, I believe the FOTA upgrade of 700kB FW can be subjected to different kind of errors (temporary BLE connection failure, corrupted data, etc...). This issue's occurrence is amplified on some phones, such as Huawei ones and Android versions < 9. I think that we (as ST) should develop a lighter FW to be upgraded, containing only the relevant modified segment code, to minimize the FOTA-related issues. However, we inherited this code from third part partners, so will need some time to go deeper into... Regards

Thanks, Eleon.

I'm not too concerned about the FOTA with this unit. The STLinkv2 works best, and fast. As I mentioned, this particular phone doesn't always work with updates.

tjm

MMade.1
Associate II

Hello @Eleon BORLINI

Is it possible to get source of current original firmware?

I've read that this is FP-SNS-STBOX1, but when I am browsing its content, I think, it is not exactly the same, The functionality is split into several applications, am I right?

Also the version number in the sources are 1.2.x not 3.4.1.

I would like to just extend timestamp, they have 1ms resolution, but fastest ODR is above 6kHz, this makes recorded data not fully usable.

Best regards

Hi @MMade.1​ , unfortunately the release of the source code of the production FW is STM proprietary and it is subject to signature of a License User Agreement (LUA); you can contact an STMicroelectronics sales office and representatives for further information. Regards

TJM
Senior

Eleon, v3.4.1 for the sensortile box no longer works for some reason. If I go back to v3.3.5 I have no issues the none of the v3.4.1 firmwares work. Is there a firmware more current than v3.4.1?