cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steval-mksbox 1v1 BLE conenectivity range

NMart.1
Associate III

I am using a steval-mksbox 1v1 and a rpi 3 to connect to it via ble usising the SDK. When I run one of the examples to connect, it detects the sensor during the scan, but when trys to connect "Unexpected error ocured". This happens when the distance between them is more than 8 meters. When there is less distance, there is no problem. If I use the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 function pack the distance dicreases to 2 meters.

Someone knows why this happens?? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Nicolás Martinez​ , did you performed your former tests (the ones whose connectivity range is 8 mt, which make some sense for me) using the examples in the FP-SNS-STBOX1, while the latter are done with FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 ones, right? Could you please tell me which examples in the two specific cases are you using for your tests? Regards

NMart.1
Associate III

With the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 I used the BLElowPoerRtos example, and with the  FP-SNS-STBOX1 I used the barometer example. I do tests with another Rpi, and I had the same problem, when distance is more than 8 m it's imposible to connect. If I do it with the mobile app, this does not happen. To connect to the sensor I used the examples in https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/BlueSTSDK_Python.