cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-USB-PD examples compiles errors.

Eremizin
Associate II

When I am trying to compile project Consumer_DRP_RTOS from C:\xx\X-CUBE-USB-PD-master\STM32CubeExpansion_USBPD_F0\Projects\STM32F072RB-Nucleo\Applications\USB_PD

I get a lot of errors. I managed to eliminate some of them by adding header files to the appropriate places. And so at the moment I have errors of the form (see the image below) .0693W000001qPmcQAE.png A project search indicates that function a is not present. There are only

USBPD_StatusTypeDef USBPD_DPM_InitOS(void)

and

USBPD_StatusTypeDef USBPD_DPM_InitCore(void)

but htis block of code is not compilling:

/* Initialize the Device Policy Manager */
  if( USBPD_ERROR == USBPD_DPM_Init())
  {
    /* error the RTOS can't be started  */
    while(1);
  }

And the question arises: do I do everything correctly (although it would seem-I opened the project, compiled it, and study the work, but in fact there were typos in several places like toogle instead of toggle).

Also I tryed to compile other project and got next result:

0693W000001qPrIQAU.png

UPD 1.

Ok, I solved the problem with

USBPD_ERROR == USBPD_DPM_Init()

it is need to be replaced by

USBPD_DPM_InitCore()

but the other undefined symbols are very strange, because search in project tells me, that there is no one string with such veriables. And interesting one more thing: there is no one string in documentation about X-CUBE-USB-PD where are functions USBPD_DPM_InitOS(void) & USBPD_DPM_InitCore(void) are mentioned. For example UM2063 operates only with USBPD_DPM_Init().

Went to investigate further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear @Eremizin​ 

I think the X-CUBE-USBPD package is quite old because we don't support anymore P-NUCLEO-USB001.

For your information, you will find the current solutions we have for USB PD and Type-C solution at the following link:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/stm32-usb-c.html

I advice you also to have a look at the UM2552 document for further details regarding latest APIs.

Regards

Yohann

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eremizin
Associate II

Ok, I solved the problem with

USBPD_ERROR == USBPD_DPM_Init()

it is need to be replaced by

USBPD_DPM_InitCore()

but the other undefined symbols are very strange, because search in project tells me, that there is no one string with such veriables. And interesting one more thing: there is no one string in documentation about X-CUBE-USB-PD where are functions USBPD_DPM_InitOS(void) & USBPD_DPM_InitCore(void) are mentioned. For example UM2063 operates only with USBPD_DPM_Init().

Went to investigate further.

Dear @Eremizin​ 

I think the X-CUBE-USBPD package is quite old because we don't support anymore P-NUCLEO-USB001.

For your information, you will find the current solutions we have for USB PD and Type-C solution at the following link:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/stm32-usb-c.html

I advice you also to have a look at the UM2552 document for further details regarding latest APIs.

Regards

Yohann

Eremizin
Associate II

Hello, @Yohann M , thank you for answer!

I tryed to use the X-CUBE-USBPD package from STM32CubeExpansion_USBPD_F0 and looks like it is old version.

But interesting thing, that one of the manuals what I red gives info about the STM32CubeExpansion_USBPD_F0\Projects\STM32F072RB-Nucleo\Applications\USB_PD directory with 16 projects inside. I tryed to compill one of them but the result is shown above.

Yes, my bad, I accidentally missed a UM2552 document.

I'm going to study the material. Thanks!

Yohann M.
ST Employee

Dear @Eremizin​ 

Could you please precise where you uploaded your X-CUBE-USBPD package?

On ST side, we updated it recently in removing the obsolete applications linked to P-NUCLEO-USB001 .

For your information, here is our official 'STMicroelectronics' github package: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/x-cube-usb-pd

Regards,

Yohann

Eremizin
Associate II

Dear @Yohann M.​ 

I have 2 packages: one from ST site, got it thrue request and second I got frm https://github.com/st-one/X-CUBE-USB-PD and I thougth that it is official ST git repository. Looks like not.

Thank you for your answers!