cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I am using the STM3241G-EVAL board with an ethernet connection. I want to create an http based application using TCP/IP. I used STM32 CUBE MX to generate code with settings ETH(MII mode) ,LWIP enabled with DHCP.

MHans.2
Associate II

My code is not passing the netif_is_link_up() function and it always goes to netif_set_down(). I also have this doubt when I connect network cable to Ethernet port of board, it does not glow any green or yellow light on this port. But my network cable is working when I tried it on my laptop.

Is it mandatory that green/yellow light needs to blink to show successful connection? My board is brand new and I highly doubt if it has any hardware problem.

I would really appreciate if any one can help me to resolve the issue of setting up Ethernet connection.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piranha
Chief II

Yes, on this and most other boards LED blinking is mandatory. Also, for PHY to work, at least the (R)MII clock must be supplied. Check the options in UM1460 section 2.16 and schematics.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Piranha
Chief II

Yes, on this and most other boards LED blinking is mandatory. Also, for PHY to work, at least the (R)MII clock must be supplied. Check the options in UM1460 section 2.16 and schematics.

MHans.2
Associate II

Thanks @Piranha​ for your help.

I checked jumper settings on board for MII and there was one jumper with 2-3 pins instead of 1-2. This has fixed the issue . Now ethernet port leds are also blinking.