cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Needs Help Installing NuttX RTOS on STM32F446 Board

BGibs.1
Associate

Hi all. I'm a CS major with a decent knowledge of C, C++, and Python, but my summer internship has tasked me with installing NuttX onto an STM board and I'm a bit lost. I have never used Linux before and I have never dealt with real time operating systems so I'm pretty much making this up as I go.

I followed the directions on the NuttX Companion and have gotten to the point where I have NuttX compiled on my Linux rig. My next step is to get the bin file installed on the MCU. And this is where I'm stuck. The tutorials and guides I've found are either specific to other boards or assume that my knowledge of Linux is much greater than what it actually is.

I realize asking someone to walk me through the entire process would be crazy, but if anyone could point me towards some resources that would help me understand how to use the embedded ST-Link debugger via Linux and how to actually install the bin file on the board, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

Googling for a minute finds a few hits.

https://github.com/jerryscript-project/iotjs/wiki/Build-for-STM32F4-NuttX

To upload a BIN file, you can use STM32CubeProgrammer. Although typically development is going to be a lot easier with an IDE, such as STM32CubeIDE, which will do the uploading for you.

Might be an uphill battle without a coworker able to help.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".