cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474 - AN5305 Digital filter implementation with the FMAC

Manu Abraham
Senior

Hi All,

Is the source code for the Application Note AN5305 Digital filter implementation with the FMAC using STM32CubeG4 MCU Package available ?

Thanks,

Manu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Manu Abraham​ ,

Under STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.2.0\Projects\B-G474E-DPOW1\Examples\FMAC, you find both required examples:

• FMAC_Adaptive_FIR_AN5305
  • FMAC_Buck_VoltageMode_HW_AN5305

Besides to the AN5305, the readme.txt file that you can find in each package describes how to use the example.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Manu Abraham
Senior

There is one example within the CubeG4 package by the same AN5305 (FMAC_Adaptive_FIR_AN5305) name in it.

But that one seems to be different from the document that I've been looking at:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00605584-digital-filter-implementation-with-the-fmac-using-stm32cubeg4-mcu-package-stmicroelectronics.pdf

That document refers to:

This application note explains how to exploit the FMAC to free up the processor, by means of two examples:

• Noise cancellation using an adaptive FIR filter

• Digital power supply control using a 3p3z IIR compensator.

But the one with the CubeG4 package states:

How to use the FMAC peripheral to implement an adaptive FIR filter in DMA mode.

This example illustrates noise cancellation using an adaptive FIR filter.

Assume that the example within the CubeG4 package has been misnamed;

That said, where can I find the source code referred to in the above pdf document ?

Thanks,

Manu

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Manu Abraham​ ,

Under STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.2.0\Projects\B-G474E-DPOW1\Examples\FMAC, you find both required examples:

• FMAC_Adaptive_FIR_AN5305
  • FMAC_Buck_VoltageMode_HW_AN5305

Besides to the AN5305, the readme.txt file that you can find in each package describes how to use the example.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Amel,

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Manu