cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX & X-CUBE-USB-PD

Eremizin
Associate II

Hello!

I am trying to create my own USB PD device, but initially I want to test it using P-NUCLEO-USB002 kit. And I don't understand how correct install the X-CUBE-USB-PD library. I tryed to do it from CubeMX (V5.6.1), but there is no such extension in list. Can someone explain me what I have to reed to solve my little problem? Thank you!0693W000001qEb4QAE.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eremizin
Associate II

I read more carefully the documents UM2063 and DocID029258 and figured out how to work with this extension.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Guillaume K
ST Employee

CubeMX installs so-called "CMSIS packs". I guess X-CUBE-USB-PD is not a CMSIS pack.

Just unzip it yourself in a directory (not too deep from root folder) and open the project files with your preferred IDE.

If you use STM32CubeIDE, in project explorer use right-click menu: "Import existing project" and browse to the directory where the .project and .cproject files are located (usually under Projects\...\SW4STM32 or Projects\...\STM32CubeIDE).

Eremizin
Associate II

Interesting, but if it is other pocket type, why ST calls it using pattern like on the screenshot: X-CUBE-XXXXX?

I tryed open project from unzipped folder using KEIL uVision5, but there is error in compilling.

And the location of error is STM32_USBPD_Library whis is storred in..\Middlewares.

Based on this information, we can conclude that CubeMX should place this library in the same place as the library for working with regular USB. And it is interesting.

Also i tryed to install X-CUBE-USB-PD manually to CubeMX, but I got the error: 0693W000001qEuGQAU.png

And the fact that all the documents that I read regarding X-CUBE-USB-PD refer to its use with CubeMX.

Eremizin
Associate II

I read more carefully the documents UM2063 and DocID029258 and figured out how to work with this extension.