cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3MDL: are DRDY and INT Open Drain or Push/Pull? Is DRDY active low or active high?

TB
Associate III

Hi all -

Two questions:

1. Are DRDY and INT on the LIS3MDL Open Drain or Push/Pull?
  2. Is DRDY active low or active high?

Related Comment: I see in the datasheet that, using the IEA bit of the INT_CFG register, INT can be set active high or active low, but I haven't yet found similar info on DRDY, nor indication of whether these two pins are Open Drain or Push/Pull.

Context: I would really like (if possible) to set both DRDY and INT to be active low and open drain, and join them together into a single combined DRDY_INT line to connect to a single GPIO on the MCU. For me, it seems rather redundant to have these two lines separate - either I am actively monitoring the pressure with the connected MCU (and can easily decide on the MCU what to do, with simple logic based on measured pressure levels), or I am not. If I am NOT actively monitoring the pressure on the MCU, only then I do I really need to be alerted whenever a certain pressure threshold is reached. Thus the desire to not waste a second GPIO line when wiring the LIS3MDL to an MCU.

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Bacteriusewley​ , unfortunately it is not possible to combine the two interrupts (threshold event and DRDY) on a single INT pad for the LIS3MDL (is it possible on other sensors, for example on the LIS2MDL). You could manage the DRDY by polling the STATUS_REG (27h) register, but I agree it is not an elegant solution. The two INT and DRDY pin are configured in push-pull output mode (because the two signals are routed by default on the physical pins, differently from the LIS2MDL case)... Regards