cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with stm32G070 connection

PKuzi
Associate II

Hello, at the beginning I had STM32G070 (brand new), from the beginning I had a problem with it, ST-LINK utility was connecting with uC, but after a while disconnects it. I was looking in the settings unfortunately I found nothing. Oddly enough, once I read option bytes I was shown ROP level 1 and another time ROP level 0. At some point, uC stopped communicating with st-link (I use st-link with nucleo stm32l073), at first I thought that by accident I set ROP level 2, so I bought a new uC STM32G071 (replacement with more options), but again there is the same problem, at the moment I do not have communication with uC, where is the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Custom STM32G070 board? Could be a hardware issue.

You can try STM32CubeProgrammer instead. And lower the clock speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
PKuzi
Associate II

Yes, I created these PCBs myself. STM32G0 has only one pair of power pins, I thought there was a problem with power supply, I have three 100nF, 4.7uF and 22uF capacitors at the power legs. I was changing speeds, but unfortunately without results

TDK
Guru

Sounds like the chip is dead. Could be a spike on VDD frying the chip. Could be ESD damage. Is the power rail stable? You can post your schematic if you want.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
PKuzi
Associate II

The scheme is very simple