cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use IKS01A2 with Nucleo WB55 on Unicleo-GUI?

SHadj.1
Associate II

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to use an IKS01A2 mounted on a Nucleo WB55 in order to test a STEVAL-MKI197V1.

I installed the drivers for virtual com and was able to do a blink test on the nucleo board (programming it with mbed compiler).

However, I haven't been able to have te card recognized by Unicleo-GUI.

I think I should use STM32CubeMX first, but I haven't found what is the procedure in order to make everything work.

The given examples use a different Nucleo board than the one I'm using.

Could someone help me with a beginners friendly step by step or give me some advice?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello,

for beginner I would recommend to use a NUCLEO board which is directly supported by X-CUBE-MEMS1 package. In this package you can find already compiled project called DatalogExtended which can help you to test STEVAL-MKI197V1 on top of X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2. The project is available for NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L476RG, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L073RZ. This project cooperate with Unicleo-GUI.

Using STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MEMS1 plug-in you would be able to generate project for you boards but the projects are focus on library demonstration and allow you only see output data at fixed FS and ODR or send data only to serial terminal. To generate the project is not easy, but in part of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 plug-in is also documentation with a guide.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello,

for beginner I would recommend to use a NUCLEO board which is directly supported by X-CUBE-MEMS1 package. In this package you can find already compiled project called DatalogExtended which can help you to test STEVAL-MKI197V1 on top of X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2. The project is available for NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L476RG, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L073RZ. This project cooperate with Unicleo-GUI.

Using STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MEMS1 plug-in you would be able to generate project for you boards but the projects are focus on library demonstration and allow you only see output data at fixed FS and ODR or send data only to serial terminal. To generate the project is not easy, but in part of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 plug-in is also documentation with a guide.

SHadj.1
Associate II

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer!

Sadly I don't have any other choice for the hardware.

I finally decided to ditch Unico and Unicleo and only use Unico to generate UCF files.

Working directly on custom code and monitoring via serial has been the easiest (or least painful) way so far.

Thanks again!