cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to clean and build a STM32CubeIDE project from the command line, e.g. from a bash script? Preferrably without GUI... You can do it with Eclipse but it doesn't seems to work for CubeIDE.

BBurs.1
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Of course. The IDE is just calling the compiler and linker. If you call the same commands with the same environment, it'll work. Might take some work to get set up correctly.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Isn't there an option to generate a makefile?

JW

BBurs.1
Associate II

Well, thats my problem, the makefile is auto-generated in the Debug directory. That directory you don't want to check in to git. So if you check out the project first time, there is no makefile. First you have to open CubeMX and build the project. There is an option for Eclipse (eclipsec.exe -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\workspace -build MyProject/Debug) but it doesn't seems to work for CubeMX.

And of course, there is the option to write your own makefile as TDK suggested but I try easier options first....

alister
Lead

Google Eclipse headless build

BBurs.1
Associate II

Forget it, I go for the makefile solution.

Thx for the replies...