cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0B1 release date and compatibility

Marco.R
Senior

Hi

Currently we are using the STM32G071 MCU, but we will running out of flash memory soon, so we looking for an alternative.

I've seen that a bigger G0x1 (STM32G0B1) will be available in the second half of this year.

• Are there more details available for the release date? Will it be in Q3 or Q4?
  • Will the G0B1 be pin and feature compatible to the G071 (32Pin QFN Package)?

Thanks

\Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PCHAR.1
Associate

Hello Marco! I hope it's not too late... Indeed, we are now very close to this product's release, planned W07 2021. And yes, the STM32G0B1 is pin-to-pin compatible with STM32G071 on the 32-pin package, and will be available from 32-pin to 100-pin. In addition to more Flash (up to 512KB), RAM (up to 144KB !!), bigger package, it will also offer new features such as USB 2.0 FS device and host (enalbling the combo USB + USB type-C power delivery), as well as FD-CAN - for those who need it 🙂 . If anything is needed shortly, I would advise you to be in contact with your distributor or ST contact.

Stay tuned!

Pierre C.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Marco.R
Senior

Any news about this topic? Anyone from ST here who can answer the questions?

PCHAR.1
Associate

Hello Marco! I hope it's not too late... Indeed, we are now very close to this product's release, planned W07 2021. And yes, the STM32G0B1 is pin-to-pin compatible with STM32G071 on the 32-pin package, and will be available from 32-pin to 100-pin. In addition to more Flash (up to 512KB), RAM (up to 144KB !!), bigger package, it will also offer new features such as USB 2.0 FS device and host (enalbling the combo USB + USB type-C power delivery), as well as FD-CAN - for those who need it 🙂 . If anything is needed shortly, I would advise you to be in contact with your distributor or ST contact.

Stay tuned!

Pierre C.

Marco.R
Senior

Hi @PCHAR.1​ 

Thanks for your reply and the information. I'm already in contact with our distributor.

\Marco

Not quite there yet...

0693W000008G85SQAS.pngAlso the NUCLEO-G0B1RE board in Mouser is Expected 12/03/2021.

Given ST's "webshop" *is* Mouser, there's probably no better way just to wait.

I know, semi shortage. Still, the 'G0B is one year overdue. And there's too little good news these days...

JW

Product web-folders are available.

Mouser has some chips on hand, but no Nucleo-G0B1RE. Digikey has a couple of Nucleos, but no chips. ST's "shop" indicates for the Nucleo stock 540, but attempt to order results in a red message saying there's is no stock...

JW