Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo expansion board - power cosumption - Red Error Led is always on

MTailor
Associate II

Hi

I bought the board from Farnell.

Had trouble installing the vcom in my Win 10 Pro PC and then in desperation installed the Sin 8 drivers and I got a valid comport.

I can get a trace on STM32CubeMonitorPower app.

However, the red ERROR led is always on and the little display shows "Supply stopped" with an hour glass timer.

So, I thought it was faulty and got a replacement from Farnell.

But I see the same behaviour in the new board too.

The firmware in the board is 1.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI,

That red led is switched on because it had detected a loss of USB on power up.

The best way of clearing it is by pressing the blue joystick's left button and it will show the reason for the error and clear that one error.

But keep in mind it maintains a stack of errors if multiple errors have occured.

So, if the red led is still red, then it means there were more errors, and just keep pressing that left-joystick button and it will eventually disappear.

Each time you press that button it will give you an error reason.

With this a flaw in the firmware 🙂

All it is doing is creating a support call when it could have been designed better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MTailor
Associate II

Question I should have added ...

Why am I getting the red error led?

TDK
Guru

Typically there is a user manual that describes LED behavior. What board are you working with? "Nucleo expansion board" isn't descriptive enough.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
QZhou.1
Associate II

Have you solved the problem yet? I am having the same problem. Thanks!

HI,

That red led is switched on because it had detected a loss of USB on power up.

The best way of clearing it is by pressing the blue joystick's left button and it will show the reason for the error and clear that one error.

But keep in mind it maintains a stack of errors if multiple errors have occured.

So, if the red led is still red, then it means there were more errors, and just keep pressing that left-joystick button and it will eventually disappear.

Each time you press that button it will give you an error reason.

With this a flaw in the firmware 🙂

All it is doing is creating a support call when it could have been designed better.

Thank you!