Did you mean: 

STM32H753XIH6: clarification on pins F1, F2, G2

inojosh
Associate II

For the TFBGA240+25 package:

Page 62 says F2 is NC

Page 64 says F2 is VSS

Which is correct?

F1 and G2 are always referred as NC pins, but deep in a footnote (referenced on page 64, footnote appears on page 87) it says to connect these pins to VSS.

I would like some clarification on what these pins should be connected to so I can properly use this IC. The development board is not a good reference, as it is built up for SMPS use, even though this chip does not support it...

Reference (Rev 7 as of this post): https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32h753xi.pdf

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Pages 62 and 64 don't list pin F2 on them. Regardless, use "Table 8. Pin/ball definition" for guidelines on what to do for each pin.

Page 68 says pin F2 is VSS (note 4). Sometimes pins are listed as NC but with guidelines on how to connect them. Likely the table just listed it as VSS instead of NC but connect to VSS.

You can use "Figure 11. TFBGA240+25 ballout" on page 61 but refer to Table 8 for how to connect NC pins.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
inojosh
Associate II

I should have said balls F1, F2, G2, not pins. There is definitely conflicting information in the datasheet.