cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get sensortile.box to appear as a probe in STM32CubeMonitor

SSmit.4
Associate II

I have connected my sensortile.box (STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1) to my Mac via USB. I am following instructions here to try to display the sensortile.box as a probe (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_select_the_target) but it is not appearing in the list.

I think it may be a problem with STLINK. Do I need to purchase another device (e.g. ST-LINKv2 https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/65/e0/44/72/9e/34/41/8d/DM00026748.pdf/files/DM00026748.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00026748.pdf) and connect this to the sensortile.box?

Thanks,

Stephen.

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SSmit.4​ , the SensorTile.box should be automatically detected as a mass storage device, when you connect it to your PC. But I'm not sure it is recognized directly as a probe from the STM32CubeMonitor... Are you using the STLINKV2 + adapter to connect the ST.box with your Mac? Regards

SSmit.4
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ The SensorTile.box is not showing up as a mass storage device when connected via USB. The ST.box is currently just directly connected to the Mac via USB. I do not currently have a STLINKV2 or any Nucleo device. I want to know if I need to have a separate STLINKV2 or Nucleo board (which has an onboard STLINK) to be able to get my ST.box to appear as a probe in the STM32CubeMonitor. Thanks.

Hi @SSmit.4​ , you could try with setting the Data recorder application on ST.box through the smartphone app ST BLE Sensor (available also on Apple Store): this app streams the sensors data on the USB. Once you have programmed your ST.box in this way, you can connect the ST.box to your PC and configurethe VCOM / USB settings on the STM32CubeMonitor. We will do some internal tests with this configuration in the next days and let you know. Regards

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ - Thanks again for your reply. I have loaded the Data Recorder on the ST.box through the ST BLE Sensor app. Can you advise how I can "configure the VCOM / USB settings on the STM32CubeMonitor." I cannot see any settings options of this sort within the STM32CubeMonitor application on my Mac.

Regards.

I'm not an expert on this topic (I'm from sensors division), but maybe you can configure the CubeMonitor to acquire serial data by choosing the Serial IN block (in the Network menu) and configuring the VCOM port related to your ST.box.

I believe however that the STM32CubeMonitor is a general purpose tool for STM32 MCUs, not (only) for handling the sensors data. For this reason, I would suggest you to use the Unicleo-GUI, which is customized for the Sensors and able to interface with the SensorTile.box and perform the serial data acquisition. You can for example check the user manual UM2626 p.11 -DataLogExtend application- for details.

Regards