cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Cube Monitor to connect to STM32G431CB on |BG431B-ESC1 board - not connected ! Unknown JTAG chain (16)

ChrissyP
Associate II

I have successfully built and downloaded the motor control application using ST motor control workbench and the CubeIDE etc and can connect to flash and step through my program. However when it comes to using CubeMonitor i get an error giving "not connected ! Unknown JTAG chain (16)"

0693W000001peQ0QAI.jpg

In the config screen i can flash the LED on the board ...

0693W000001peQFQAY.jpg

I have tried both protocols SWD and and JTAG .. Can i use monitor with the BG431B-ESC1 board ?

Many thanks if youve got this far ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrissyP
Associate II

Ha actually I fixed this by deleting and re-adding the the send and receive nodes and configuring as SWD protocol...!!

0693W000001pqrcQAA.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello ChrissyP,

Thank you for reporting this issue,

This error should only happen when the board is not supporting JTAG.

Can you tell me if the error is the same when testing in SWD and JTAG modes, i.e. 0xF6 ( Unknown JTAG chain) in both cases.

Regards

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ChrissyP
Associate II

Yes i get (F6) irrespective of the selected protocol...

0693W000001pqqUQAQ.jpg

ChrissyP
Associate II

Ha actually I fixed this by deleting and re-adding the the send and receive nodes and configuring as SWD protocol...!!

0693W000001pqrcQAA.jpg

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Good, thank you for your feedback

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

In order to double check, can you please, with your configuration, move back to JTAG protocol , check the error is still there and then move back to SWD and check it's OK (don't forget to press DEPLOY button in between).

I just want to be sure you're not in a config where CubeMonitor does take protocol change into account by mistake.