cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to disable "Code generation required dialog"

kurta999
Senior

If I modify something in the .ioc file, afterwards it always shows a dialog that Code generation is required. Please add a checkbox that never show this dialog again because this is very annoying.

Lot of people not rely 100% on the .ioc file, like me.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Or you can just hack your .ioc file removing 'isbadioc=true' line ...

But to be honnest not understand why such dilaog is a pain to you ? Such dialog only happens if you've done some device configuration without moving up to source code update.

+ If not trusting device configuration tool work means you're not using it so no issue because .ioc file content remains unchanged so ... no dialog.

+ If using device configuration tool what about interest to only play with its UI without getting by the end result of such activity i.e. .c/.h files update ...

Maybe sharing your way of working would help here ...

Johannes
Senior

I have a similar problem. The code generator has run without problems, but the compiler still opens this dialog and warns me about "requires code generation".

I have to admit, that I once closed the ioc file without code generation and dismissed the dialog warning me about that. I went back to IOC and did a code generation "Ctrl-S" or "CTRL-K", the code was generated, but the dialog sill remains.

(CubeIDE 1.5.0, STM32F207)

Side note: In my ioc file, the bad-ioc-flag is false

isbadioc=false

Johannes