cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource setup-environment with custom distro in custom layer fails with error message

Sven S.
Associate

Hi,

I have created a layer with my custom distro config and altered the conf/local.conf to point to this new distro. So far so good, everything worked as expected. Now comming back and I want to resource the environment with

source ./layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

I got the following problem:

build@1f814fef97e6:/build$ source ./layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh
[HOST DISTRIB check]
Linux Distrib: Ubuntu
Linux Release: 18.04

[BUILD_DIR configuration]
  1. build-openstlinuxeglfs-stm32mp1  -  DISTRO is 'openstlinux-exut' and MACHINE is 'stm32mp1'
  2. NEW                              -  *** SET NEW DISTRO AND MACHINE BUILD CONFIG ***
Which one would you like? [build-openstlinuxeglfs-stm32mp1] 1
bash: [: -z: binary operator expected
Selected BUILD_DIR: build-openstlinuxeglfs-stm32mp1

[source layers/openembedded-core/oe-init-build-env][with previous config]

[ERROR] No 'openstlinux-exut.conf' file available in layers/meta-st

I also got the same problem if I specified the build-directory as argument. Before creating the distro I had no problems with sourcing the file and also the file set has been working till I closed my console window.

There seems to be a problem with the layer configuration, which seems to be not set at the point the check runs, but I can never set the layer because I can not source the environment. I know the workaround is always to reset the distro in conf/local.conf but this is rather annoying.

Has anyone managed to define a custom distro in a separate layer and how was this rpoblem above solved?

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Sven S.​ 

Can you please share your custom layer and local.conf in order we can see what can cause such issue ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.